Private Student Loan Programs
Pursuing a college education is a great investment in your future. The time, money and effort you spend on your education will provide you with opportunities for expanded career choices and greater earning potential.
Although financing your education may seem overwhelming at times, many types of financial aid are available. AIM Credit Union offers private student loans to help you meet the cost of college.
This private student loan is designed to supplement — not replace — other sources to fill funding gaps for students and parents. Students and parents should work with financial aid professionals at their respective colleges and universities to explore and exhaust all sources of student financial aid before seeking an AIM Credit Union Private Student Loan.
The AIM Credit Union Private Student Loan features:
- A 0.25% interest rate reduction when you make auto-debit payments.
- Transparent rates. No "as low as" pricing.
- Options to pay interest while enrolled or to defer interest until repayment.
- The opportunity to release your cosigner(s) from their payment obligations after you make 24 consecutive, principal and interest, on-time payments. Please contact AIM Credit Union with specific details on releasing your cosigner(s).
All applicants must:
- Be a member or become a member of AIM Credit Union. Not a member? In order to qualify for a student loan with AIM Credit Union, you need to become a member first. Become a member here.
- Be of majority age pursuant to applicable law at the time of application or be an emancipated minor.
- Not have defaulted on any private or government student loan.
- Be attending any nonprofit, Title IV eligible, degree-granting, regionally accredited college or university or nonprofit school of nursing.
- Be accepted, enrolled or attending on at least a half-time basis, as defined by the school, and be making satisfactory academic progress in an eligible academic program.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States. Cosigner(s) must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States and must reside in the United States. Military addresses are considered U.S. addresses if designated as an APO or FPO.
Applying for the AIM Credit Union Private Student Loan Program
Variable-rate loans are currently unavailable due to required changes related to the Libor index. Please contact us with any questions.
Additional College Planning Assistance
If you are looking for information on planning for, paying for and succeeding in college, AIM Credit Union recommends the Iowa College Access Network® (ICAN). ICAN offers free services, including assistance with completing the FAFSA, to students and their families. Visit www.ICANsucceed.org or call (877) CPC-Iowa for more information about ICAN.